Teaching Staff

Our advisory service for teaching staff

You are teaching at the Folkwang University of the Arts or work in an artistic or scientific area?
We will be pleased to help you with your questions and concerns:

Personnel board of the academic & artistic staff

The personnel board provides advice on:

_problems arising at the workplace
_issues concerned with employment (e.g. grading, regrading or transfer)


For further information see the webpage of the personnel boards

University, Media Didactics & E-Learning

Robin Schütgens provides advice on:

_(media) didactic questions regarding the conception of lectures
_questions regarding contents, possible uses, course requests, specific functions and development opportunities in the field of e-learning
_using the platforms Edda and Moodle

_Advice and support around the state portal


For further information see:

Coordination office of the examinations committees

Here Dr. Simon Albers provides advice on:

_changing examination and aptitude test regulations
_interpreting and applying the rules of examination regulations and of other legal clauses for conducting examinations while taking into account higher-ranking law


For further information see the webpage of the coordination office (in German only)

Feedback in teaching

In the Quality Development department Pascale Ruhrmann provides advice on:

_evaluation of lectures and study courses
_further forms of dialogue on teaching and learning (especially via TAP - Teaching Analysis Poll)


For further information see:

Family Service

Here Nina Kaiser provides advice on:

_questions regarding the compatibility of work and family life (e.g. financing and care options)
_implementation of a family-friendly environment (e.g. family-friendly meeting times and infrastructure)


For further information see the webpage of the Family Service (in German only)

Equal Opportunity Office

The Central Equal Opportunity Officer Nina Kaiser provides advice on:

_equal opportunities for women and men and beyond (especially in staffing and appointment procedures)
_removing structural obstacles & implementing equality-relevant ideas


For further information see: (in German only)

Confidant of severly disabled


Tabea Maciolek provides advice on:

_means of support when severly disabled
_compensations for disadvantage suffered and regulations on hardship cases


For further information see the

webpage of the disability office

Person of trust

If you have any problems or conflicts relating to the Folkwang University of the Arts, person of trust Isabel Schamuhn will be able to help you quickly find a suitable solution through a consultation in person, by telephone or by email. The support is free of charge and tailored to your specific needs. Isabel Schamuhn is able to advise you on problems, moderate in the event of conflicts or assist you in difficult situations.


For further information see the webpage of person of trust.

Racism-critical consulting

If you wish to report specific racist incidents occurring in the context of the Folkwang University of the Arts or talk about stress caused by racial discrimination, contact racism-critical consultant Pamela Aryeh


The consultation is free of charge and tailored to your individual needs. All information you share is fully protected under confidentiality and privacy laws.


Further information is available at the racism-critical consulting website.

Protection against sexual harassment

The external counselling service offers you anonymously:

_help & information concerning your rights when feeling sexually harassed
(including suspicion of a transgression and/or discrimination)


Contact: +49 (0)201 8621212 or ombudsstelle(at)


For further information see the webpage of the counselling service against sexual harassment