Application “Voice | Music Theatre“ (M. Mus.)
On this page you will find information on the application and the aptitude test as well as on the documents you will need to provide at the time of enrolment, if your application is successful.
Application | Registration
For the study course “Voice | Music Theatre“ you will need the following documents:
- Application to participate in the qualifying examination (open from 1. September to the deadline on 15. November and from 16. November to the deadline on 15. March)
- One passport photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Leaving certificate (simple copy) of last attended school
- Where applicable leaving certificate or certificate of enrolment of your former university/ies
- Receipt for payment of the application fee (bank statement)
- If applicable, certificate of foreign university entrance examination such as APS certificate / American College Test (ACT) / College Scholastic Ability Test / University Entrance Examination Center Test (simple copy) or other international educational achievements (simple copy) that constitute a university entrance qualification for Germany such as completed periods of studies; country-specific information: http://anabin.kmk.org/anabin.html
Please note: We must have received your application documents in paper form not later than the application deadline March 15th (for the following winter semester).
For your application a fee of € 50 is due.
If you apply for multiple study courses simultaneously, the fee is € 50 for the first application and € 15 for every additional study course. The amount will be automatically calculated and shown to you in the application form.
The aptitude tests for the winter semester usually take place in mid/end of May. Please note that you will have to be on site for the aptitude test.
For the aptitude test candidates have to prepare five works from three different stylistic epochs. Of these one has to be a work before 1800, one work after 1950, one work a comprehensive recitative with aria and one an art song. At least one work must be presented in German and two other works in two further languages. The works should be on a level of difficulty that the candidates are comfortable with.
Please bring a handwritten or typed, up-to-date aptitude test programme with you on the day of the aptitude test. The aptitude test committee will select works of the prepared programme to be presented and reserves the right to interrupt the presentation of an item. Following the vocal performance a short talk with the aptitude test committee will take place. A piano exam is not intended.
Documents for enrolment
- Completed application form for enrolment (send to you by mail after having successfully passed the aptitude test)
- Completed application form for Folkwang Card (send to you by mail after having successfully passed the aptitude test)
- Proof of existing health insurance
- Certified copy of leaving certificate of your last attended school (certified translation where applicable)
- Certified copy of your bachelor certificate (certified translation where applicable)
- Evidence of sufficient language skills, if you did not acquire your qualification for university entrance in Germany
- Proof of payment of the social contribution
If you have any questions regarding the enrolment process, please contact: