Amendments to the conducting of the aptitude testing procedure for the 2020/2021 winter semester:
In accordance with § 4 Section 1 of the Exceptions Regulations issued by the President's Office in the implementation of the Corona Epidemic Higher Education Ordinance (Official Notification No. 364), on 10th June 2020 the President's Office of the Folkwang University of the Arts has decided to adopt the proposal of Faculty 3 and make the following amendments to the conducting of the aptitude testing procedure for the Faculty 1 study courses:
“Voice | Music Theatre” (B.Mus.)
Supplementary to the regulations laid down in the Framework Provisions for the Determination of Artistic or Course-specific Aptitude and Special Artistic Talent from 6th June 2018 in conjunction with § 3 of the Examination Regulations for Voice | Music Theatre Bachelor of Music study course (B. Mus.) from 31st October 2018, the aptitude testing procedure will take place as a two-stage procedure.
The first stage will be digitally conducted and consists of the timely submission of applicants' own re-cordings by electronic means (video links).
The following subject-specific regulations apply to the recordings
- Should not be more than 6 months old
- May be created using simple technical equipment
- Must not be edited in any way
- Total length up to 10 min
- One must be a piece in German
- One must be an unaccompanied folksong (a song in the student’s native language will be welcomed)
- All pieces may also be performed without accompaniment
- Vocal technical abilities and sound quality
- Technical and artistic handling of the repertoire
- Artistic expressiveness and stage presence
- Stylistic confidence and musicality
- Vocal and artistic potential
If this first stage of the examination procedure is passed, the candidate is invited to the second stage. The examination in the second stage of the aptitude testing procedure takes place with the candidate physically present as laid down in § 3 of the Examination Regulations for the Voice | Music Theatre bachelor study course.