Application “Physical Theatre” (Artist Diploma)
On this page you will find information on the application and the aptitude test as well as on the documents you will need to provide at the time of enrolment, if your application is successful.
Application | Registration
For the study course “Physical Theatre” you will need the following documents:
- Application to participate in the qualifying examination
- One passport photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Leaving certificate (simple copy) of last attended school
- Where applicable leaving certificate or certificate of enrolment of your former university/ies
- Receipt for payment of the application fee (bank statement)
- If applicable, certificate of foreign university entrance examination such as APS certificate / American College Test (ACT) / College Scholastic Ability Test / University Entrance Examination Center Test (simple copy) or other international educational achievements (simple copy) that constitute a university entrance qualification for Germany such as completed periods of studies; country-specific information: http://anabin.kmk.org/anabin.html
Please note: We must have received your application documents in paper form not later than the application deadline November 15th (for the following summer semester).
For your application a fee of € 50 is due.
If you apply for multiple study courses simultaneously, the fee is € 50 for the first application and € 15 for every additional study course. The amount will be automatically calculated and shown to you in the application form.
The aptitude test usually takes place at the end of January/beginning of February and lasts three to four days. Please note that you will have to be on site for the aptitude test.
The aptitude test consists of several rounds:
- First round: Presentation of three stage scenes invented and developed by you. These should be entirely different in terms of content, characters and performance types. Props, music and language may be included as additional means of expression beyond the physical, depending on necessity with regards to the scene’s content.(Total performance time should not exceed 20 minutes.)
- Second round: Continuation of one of the these scenes performed. Improvisation.
- Third round: Movement training, voice training, choreography training, body language. Final selection.
Documents for enrolment
- Completed application form for enrolment (send to you by mail after having successfully passed the aptitude test)
- Completed application form for Folkwang Card (send to you by mail after having successfully passed the aptitude test)
- Proof of existing health insurance
- Certified copy of leaving certificate of your last attended school (certified translation where applicable)
- Evidence of sufficient language skills, if you did not acquire your qualification for university entrance in Germany
- Proof of payment of the social contribution
If you have any questions regarding the enrolment process, please contact: