General information about the application
On this page you will find information on the application and the aptitude test as well as on the documents you will need to provide at the time of enrolment, if your application is successful.
Application | Registration
For the study course "Popular Music” you will need the following documents:
- Application to participate in the qualifying examination (For applications to start in the winter semester 2021/22 the form is open from 15. January (NEW!) to the deadline on 15. March.)
- One passport photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Leaving certificate (simple copy) of last attended school
- Leaving certificate or transcript of records of your former unversity/ies
- Receipt for payment of the application fee (bank statement)
- If applicable, certificate of foreign university entrance examination such as APS certificate / American College Test (ACT) / College Scholastic Ability Test / University Entrance Examination Center Test (simple copy) or other international educational achievements (simple copy) that constitute a university entrance qualification for Germany such as completed periods of studies; country-specific information: http://anabin.kmk.org/anabin.html
- Your own works in the form of original scores, recordings, videos etc.
- A concept (project plan) for an artistic development project
Please note: We must have received your application documents in paper form not later than the application deadline March 15th (for the following winter semester).
For your application a fee of € 50 is due.
If you apply for multiple study courses simultaneously, the fee is € 50 for the first application and € 15 for every additional study course. The amount will be automatically calculated and shown to you in the application form.
The aptitude test usually takes place in May. Please note that you will have to be on site for the aptitude test.
The aptitude test consists of:
- A colloquium of up to 45 minutes in duration, as a refl ection discussion on the motivation to study, projects and goals, the applicant’s own works and previous activities
- A practical presentation of up to 15 minutes in duration, in which the applicant shall present his abilities (including in various media) and his own works
Documents for enrolment
- Completed application form for enrolment (send to you by mail after having successfully passed the aptitude test)
- Completed application form for Folkwang Card (send to you by mail after having successfully passed the aptitude test)
- Proof of existing health insurance
- Certified copy of leaving certificate of your last attended school (certified translation where applicable)
- Certified copy of your bachelor certificate (certified translation where applicable)
- Evidence of sufficient language skills, if you did not acquire your qualification for university entrance in Germany
- Proof of payment of the social contribution
If you have any questions regarding the enrolment process, please contact: