Application “Jazz | Improvising Artist” (M. Mus.)
On this page you will find information on the application and the aptitude test as well as on the documents you will need to provide at the time of enrolment, if your application is successful.
Application | Registration
For the study course “Jazz | Improvising Artist” you will need the following documents:
- Application to participate in the qualifying examination (open from 1. September to the deadline on 15. November and from 16. November to the deadline on 15. March)
- One passport photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Leaving certificate (simple copy) of last attended school
- Students: verification of student status
Graduated students: Leaving certificate(s) (simple copy)
When changing the university/study programme or resuming your studies (in each of these cases) on the same study cycle with the same main subject (instrument/voice): Transcript of Records of the previous studies (simple copy)
- Receipt for payment of the application fee (bank statement)
- If applicable, certificate of foreign university entrance examination such as APS certificate / American College Test (ACT) / College Scholastic Ability Test / University Entrance Examination Center Test (simple copy) or other international educational achievements (simple copy) that constitute a university entrance qualification for Germany such as completed periods of studies; country-specific information: http://anabin.kmk.org/anabin.html
- All documents, references and recorded media that will offer additional information about your university studies and other musical activities
Please note: We must have received your application documents in paper form not later than the application deadline March 15th (for the following winter semester) or November 15th (for the following summer semester).
For your application a fee of € 50 is due.
If you apply for multiple study courses simultaneously, the fee is € 50 for the first application and € 15 for every additional study course. The amount will be automatically calculated and shown to you in the application form.
The aptitude tests for the winter semester usually take place in the first weeks of May and the aptitude tests for the summer semester usually at the end of January. Please note that you will have to be on site for the aptitude test.
The aptitude test consists of a musical presentation of works with the main instrument and should this not be piano, a demonstration of your skills with this instrument.
The specific requirements can be found here:
Documents for enrolment
- Completed application form for enrolment (send to you by mail after having successfully passed the aptitude test)
- Completed application form for Folkwang Card (send to you by mail after having successfully passed the aptitude test)
- Proof of existing health insurance
- Certified copy of leaving certificate of your last attended school (certified translation where applicable)
- Certified copy of your bachelor certificate (certified translation where applicable)
- Evidence of sufficient language skills, if you did not acquire your qualification for university entrance in Germany
- Proof of payment of the social contribution
If you have any questions regarding the enrolment process, please contact: