Application “Integrative Composition”
On this page you will find information on the application and the aptitude test as well as on the documents you will need to provide at the time of enrolment, if your application is successful.
Application | Registration
For the study course “Integrative Composition” you will need the following documents:
- Application to participate in the qualifying examination (open from 16. November to the deadline on 15. March)
- One passport photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Leaving certificate (simple copy) of last attended school
- Leaving certificate or transcript of records of your former unversity/ies
- When changing the university/study programme or resuming your studies (in each of these cases) on the same study cycle with the same main subject (instrument/voice): Transcript of Records of the previous studies (simple copy)
- Receipt for payment of the application fee (bank statement)
- If applicable, certificate of foreign university entrance examination such as APS certificate / American College Test (ACT) / College Scholastic Ability Test / University Entrance Examination Center Test (simple copy) or other international educational achievements (simple copy) that constitute a university entrance qualification for Germany such as completed periods of studies; country-specific information: http://anabin.kmk.org/anabin.html
- Your own works in the form of original scores (especially for CAS instrumental composition), recordings, videos etc.
- A concept (project plan) for an artistic development project that describes the topics and intended results of the artistic examination during the Master study programme
Please note: We must have received your application documents in paper form not later than the application deadline March 15th (for the following winter semester).
For your application a fee of € 50 is due.
If you apply for multiple study courses simultaneously, the fee is € 50 for the first application and € 15 for every additional study course. The amount will be automatically calculated and shown to you in the application form.
The aptitude test for the study course Integrative Composition usually takes place in the first weeks of May. Please note that you will have to be on site for the aptitude test.
A colloquium will be held on the basis of the submitted works and the project plan. Decisive for the awarding of a place of study is the proof of an autonomous artistic position, advanced technical and artistic abilities, the connectivity to current artistic developments as well as the basic practicability of the project plan within the given timeframe.
The exact requirements for the works and the parts of the test can be viewed here:
Documents for enrolment
- Completed application form for enrolment (send to you by mail after having successfully passed the aptitude test)
- Completed application form for Folkwang Card (send to you by mail after having successfully passed the aptitude test)
- Proof of existing health insurance
- Certified copy of leaving certificate of your last attended school (certified translation where applicable)
- Certified copy of your bachelor certificate (certified translation where applicable)
- Evidence of sufficient language skills, if you did not acquire your qualification for university entrance in Germany
- Proof of payment of the social contribution
If you have any questions regarding the enrolment process, please contact: