Commission on Anti-Discrimination & Equal Opportunity
The Commission on Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity is tasked with advising the central Equal Opportunity Representative and the university administration on its statutory equal opportunity mandate and its anti-discrimination practice.
In everyday university life, this means specifically
- Advising the university on the implementation of new projects or measures in the areas of anti-discrimination, equal opportunity and gender and diversity
- Commenting in the event of an objection lodged at the president’s office by the Central Equal Opportunities Representative
- Overseeing the implementation of the university’s long-term anti-discrimination and equal opportunity strategy
- Advising on specific measures such as in the allocation of daycare places, the award of equal opportunity-related scholarships and emergency aid as well as the allocation of funds for anti-discrimination and equal opportunity-related student projects
If you would like to discuss a topic in the commission or seek advice, please contact us. The contact details of all commission members can be found next to the linked profiles.
Constitution of the commission
- Nina Kaiser (Central Equal Opportunity Representative, Chair)
- Prof. Dr. Simon Dickel (Professor of Gender and Diversity Studies, Representative for Gender and Diversity in the President’s Office, Faculty 4)
- Prof. Nadia Kevan (Professor of Movement and Body Awareness, Faculty 3 Equal Opportunity Representative)
- Ken Richter (Teaching Staff for Special Tasks, Faculty 2)
- Natascha Ziegler (Student, Faculty 1)
Regular guest: Kristina Rauschan (Representative for Students with Disabilities and Chronic Illnesses)
The diverse constitution of the commission links actors from art, science and administration and enables a multi-disciplinary view on all topics related to anti-discrimination and equal opportunity. Depending on the topic, additional guests may be invited to the meetings.