Central Equal Opportunity Representative & Equal Opportunity Office
The Central Equal Opportunity Representative supports and advises all members of the Folkwang University of the Arts on equal opportunity issues. She acts both as an advocate and as a consultant. Her duties include oversight of and participation in all decisions regarding personnel, organizational and social matters that affect equal opportunity, the balancing of studies, work and personal life, as well as sexual discrimination issues at the university. Her work is supported by the Equal Opportunity Office and she acts in accordance with the statutory equal opportunity mandate as defined in the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany (GG), the General Act on Equal Treatment (AGG) and the Act on Equal Treatment for the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (LGG).
On whose behalf does the Central Equal Opportunity Representative act?
The Central Equal Opportunity Representative acts on the behalf of all members of the university: students, lecturers and members of the administration. She is obligated by law to confidentiality in all respects.
How does one become a Central Equal Opportunity Representative?
According to the constitution of the Folkwang University of the Arts, the Central Equal Opportunity Representative is elected by all female members of the university and appointed by its president. All female members of the university can put themselves on the ballot. The term of office is two years – re-election is permitted.
What are the responsibilities of the Central Equal Opportunity Representative?
- Development of strategies and measures for advancing anti-discrimination and equal opportunity issues
- Participation in commissions and staff appointment procedures
- Acquisition of third-party funding
- Networking at the state and federal level / cooperation with equal opportunity representatives from other universities
- Support for research and artistic projects on anti-discrimination or equal opportunity
- Advising the university administration on the implementation of gender-sensitive communication
- Advising and supporting all university members in the balancing of their studies, work and personal life
- Counseling and processing complaints about sexual harassment and other forms of violence or discrimination
- Coordinating the work of the Faculty Equal Opportunity Representatives