Other Staff

Our advisory service for other staff

You are working in the administration or technical management of the Folkwang University of the Arts?
We will be pleased to advice you on your questions and issues:

Personnel board of the non-academic staff

The personnel board provides advice on:

_problems arising at the workplace
_issues concerned with employment (e.g. grading, regrading or transfer)


For further information see the webpage of the personnel boards

Family Service

Here Nina Kaiser provides advice on:

_questions regarding the compatibility of work and family life (e.g. financing and care options)
_implementation of a family-friendly environment (e.g. family-friendly meeting times and infrastructure)


For further information see the webpage of the Family Service (in German only)

Equal Opportunity Office

The Central Equal Opportunity Officer Nina Kaiser provides advice on:

_equal opportunities for women and men and beyond (especially in staffing and appointment procedures)
_removing structural obstacles & implementing equality-relevant ideas


For further information see: (in German only)

Confidant of severly disabled

Here Alexandra Kiene provides advice on:

_means of support when severly disabled
_compensations for disadvantage suffered and regulations on hardship cases


For further information see the webpage of the disability office

Person of trust

If you have any problems or conflicts relating to the Folkwang University of the Arts, person of trust Isabel Schamuhn will be able to help you quickly find a suitable solution through a consultation in person, by telephone or by email. The support is free of charge and tailored to your specific needs. Isabel Schamuhn is able to advise you on problems, moderate in the event of conflicts or assist you in difficult situations.


For further information see the webpage of person of trust.

Protection against sexual harassment

The external counselling service offers you anonymously:

_help & information concerning your rights when feeling sexually harassed
(including suspicion of a transgression and/or discrimination)


Contact: +49 (0)201 8621212 or ombudsstelle(at)


For further information see the webpage of the counselling service against sexual harassment

Social Advice & Counselling

The Studierendenwerk Essen-Duisburg (student service provider of Essen and Duisburg) advices and supports you in:

_difficult situations concerning life in general and/or work
_e.g. conflicts, emotional issues, self-doubt, anxiety about the future or feeling overwhelmed


For further information see:


The Soziale Ansprechpartner*innen (Social contact persons) (SozAP) at the University of Duisburg-Essen are available and offer affected employees a contact point for problems and conflicts.


For further information see: